What is Pediatric Medicine?
Pediatric medicine treats the health of infants, children and adolescents.
In our Pediatric clinic we:
- accept children at age 0-15 years
- accept all serious and on-going illnesses
- vaccinate children according to regulations and practices in the UAE
- accept children for check-ups and well-child visits
When should I take my child to the Emergency Department?
Please go to the Emergency Department for the following:
- for immediate trauma, falls, or burns
- severe shortness of breath
- excessive bleeding
Does Harley Street offer after hours services?
You can book a non-emergency appointment to see a doctor some evenings. Call 02 613 3999 for an appointment time. For after-hours telephone assistance call your nearest emergency department.
Which pediatric services are covered by insurance in the UAE?
HSMC accepts most insurance in the UAE. Each and every plan mandates what is covered. Many plans in the UAE do not cover preventive care, so check with your insurance before booking an appointment. An example of some items that may not be covered, are as follows: (well-child check-up, vaccinations, medical forms and reports). HSMC charges cash for these services. Please phone 02 613 3999 for more information about these charges.
- Newborn care
- Well-child clinic: immunizations, growth and development, screening (obesity, iron deficiency, anemia, dyslipidemia…), nutrition (breastfeeding, vitamin supplementation, advancing the diet…) common complaints (crying/colic, safety and injury prevention…)
- Common pediatric disorders: sleeping problems, enuresis, language development, separation anxiety, school refusal, undesirable habits and behaviors, common pain syndromes (headache, abdominal pain, limb pain…) attention deficit/hyperactivity disorders.
- Adolescent health
- Pediatric infectious diseases: fever without a source, urinary tract infections, otitis media, tonsillitis, influenza, hand-foot-mouth disease, roseola, EBV, CMV, measles, varicella, parasitic infections…
- Allergic disorders: cow’s milk allergy, allergic rhinitis, urticaria, atopic dermatitis…
- Respiratory disorders: Asthma, croup, pneumonia, bronchiolitis, bronchitis, common cold…
- Common Gastrointestinal disorders: Gastroesophageal reflux, constipation, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain…
- Ear piercing