E>EYE is a new technology device which generates polychromatic intense pulsed light (IPL), has been medically certified by an independent international organization. This treatment is non-invasive, entirely painless and completely harmless to the eyeball. It is capable of generating sequences of uniform and perfectly calibrated light pulses.
E>EYE is designed for the treatment of ocular dryness in its evaporative form.
E>EYE emits “cold light”, which stimulates the meibomian glands in complete safety. In response to this stimulation, the glands resume secretion. The normal structure of the lachrymal film is restored, and symptoms associated with ocular dryness will disappear.
The effectiveness of treatment will depend upon the application of a specific protocol. This protocol involves 3 sessions, administered over the following schedule:
Day 0/day 15/day 45 (day 75 optional)
• Treatment takes just a few minutes.
• You will be comfortably seated in a treatment chair, preferably of the reclining type.
• Position the Eye mask protective shells on your eyes.
• A specific hydrogel is applied to the cheekbone and right temporal area.
• The practitioner administers a series of flashes , starting from the inner canthus, up to the temporal area.
• The same process is repeated under the other eye.
• The practitioner removes the gel and rinses your skin with water.
No other treatment should be applied to the zones which have received flash treatment throughout the entire cycle of sessions.
• Sunscreen should be applied to the zones which have received flash treatment, in case of exposure to UV.
• Make your appointment for the next session.
• Conventional ocular hygiene procedures may be continued.